Sunday 18 August 2013

A room of my own

N
I now have a space to call my own. It is a small space that houses a bed and soon a small desk, which belonged to my mother. I have waited for this for a while and I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that I will be able to decant here when I need the sanctuary. The space is all white, which will allow me to add some colour in the form of accessories, but for now I am enjoying the simplicity of bare white walls. 
I realised that like most creative people I have an inordinate amount of clutter. I am one of the ' it may come in handy one day' brigade. Invariably something does,but, more often than not it gathers dust,  so I have decided to de-clutter and give myself a blank canvas to start creating again. I have been in a bit of a 'fug' lately and not sure which direction I should be going, I make all the right sounds but nothing constructive happens, I am hoping that by clearing myself a physical space I will be able to clear a mental space also. 
Today I have not got out of bed yet!! Which for someone who always wakes up between 5.30 and 6.00am is quite something. I have tweeted, tried to use the Internet on our laptop, which unfortunately has died on me, so have reverted to my phone to blog. 
I have projects in the offing and hope to get around to them before my holiday ends, which almost always does not happen and I spend the first week back at work raring to go and wishing that I still had time off. It would be so lovely to be able to craft and bake all the time, with no pressure. One day, but for now, here is my makeshift workstation in my super white room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment